Streak of Green was created to bring 'Harmony between Earth and hair.'The salon is owner Nicole's own unique concept from the root to ends! At Streak of Green you will not have to give up quality or the latest styles. We are a full service hair salon delivering what you want while still maintaining your pH and integrity of your hair.
Besides the products we carry, here are some other ways Streak of Green is helping the environment:
Joined Green Circle Salons Recycling program for hair, foils, plastics, left over colour in bowls and more:
- We use non carcinogenic and biodegradable cleaners, soaps etc.
- Hair is recycled to Green Circle Salons for Hair Booms
- We use biodegradable garbage bags (we only have one small bag of garbage a month)
- All electronics are energy star rated and we turn off all electronics when not in use
- We use no VOCs, CFCs or aerosol products
- Tropical plants to purify the air and help you breath easy
- We use toilet paper, paper towel, paper clips, paper for business cards and gift certificates, note paper etc. made with recycled material
- Corn based peanuts that come in orders are disintegrated by water
- Reuse and recover furniture whenever possible
- Environmentally friendly ink or soy ink only
- We are computerized for appointments
- All lights are LED which saves 50% on the hydro bill
- Counter-top dishwasher has an energy saver setting
- Conserve water by not washing the floors very often because clients remove their outside shoes
- Dyson air purifier to remove particles that may be harmful in the air
- Recycle all used PPE
Nicole was born and raised in Thunder Bay and has lived here her entire life. She has over 24 years of experience in the hairdressing field. Her training was done locally at Nu Wave School of Hair Design and has done various upgrading courses all over North America. Her passion for hairstyling started at the young age of 8 years old and continues to grow stronger and bigger every year. Opening her own salon 12 years ago made Nicole realize this was her destiny. Purchasing the building for the salons current location was a natural progression in her career and future.
Some of Nicole's interest and hobbies are: hiking, camping, fishing, baking, spending time with her husband Michael, son Henryk, daughter Cybil and dog Charlie. Everyday Nicole feels she has contributed to making a difference in her community and to the environment. Nicole's smile and sincere compassion will light up any room.